Coverwise Reviews

Coverwise have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers are happy with their customer service. Full Insights

5% of reviewers recommend Coverwise

Travel Insurance
Finance & Insurance
Travel Insurance

Telephone

How would you rate Coverwise ?

"Shockingly poor communication. cheap and easy to buy, but when it came to processing a medical claim the customer service was appalling. The process is unnecessarily long, and they will take the maximum 11 working days to return communications that they state (and in my case, sometimes longer, with no apologies for the delay).Nearly three months later, and with them having had all the details available in the very long insurance document you fill out, they rejected my claim on the grounds of information they could have told me when I first made the phone call to claim. They also asked for my bank details (which were already on the claim form) as 'final information' which gave the impression the claim was successful. They made an already distressing medical situation even more distressing, and I will never purchase insurance through them, or AXA, again. I'll be filing complaints with both at their handling of the situation."
"Trying to get through them for assistance is imposssible. The 24 hour number takes 20 mins to be on hold and they say they will call back but NO ONE did. So frustrating. Avoid! Easy to get the insurance but if you need help and assistance, impossible to contact them."
"Dreadful company. Avoid avoid avoid. Cheap premiums but they do all they can to avoid paying out on genuine claims. Also foreign call centre which is highly frustrating too. Terrible service. Do not use."
"Awful at processing claims. Make life as difficult as possible in order to avoid paying out. It’s now November and I’m still trying to process a claim from falling ill on holiday back in April."
"ust tried to claim a deposit back for a holiday I booked over Christmas,(I have just had a heart attack and had a stent fitted ) The claim form was endless, I needed a doctor to fill in a form ,despite having copies from the hospital about my treatment etc.. £100 excess required+ at least £25 to get my doctor to fill in the form, I just gave up..These people may be cheapest to buy, but I think you pay for what you get in this case hassle....also a foreign call centre didnt help my blood pressure either !! I dread to think what would happen if I had a medical emergency abroad with these people.? Post a comment"
"Had accident in Australia causing fractured spine. Phone bill costs were £170 due to constantly trying to get an update on when I could fly home. They tried to assess me for a broken leg and then told me I wasn't covered for the accident. Then another person told me that I was covered and booked flights home in the wrong name. Was told there would be a taxi at the airport to meet me but when we arrived there was no taxi. Constantly calling them and getting told they would call me back which never happened. Now in the process of trying to get back the out of pocket exspenses with little hope of that happening any time soon. My advice to anyone thinking of using Coverwise would be to steer well clear and save yourself a lot of stress."
"It seems virtually impossible to get to speak to anyone at their claims line. Airline lost the whole flight's baggage & I was just phoning to let them know situation. Held on for half an hour then spoke to foreign lady who was hard to understand. She took my policy number, name & date of birth, then vanished. Service non existent- AVOID!"
"Refuse to pay out on stolen luggage even when they have all the evidence. Con artists."
"YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US, PLEASE KINDLY HOLD THE LINE!!!!!!! Terrible experience!! Spoke to David who has a serious attitude problem when making a claim about flights. After being on hold for over 7 minutes I was then told by David a representative would call me back within 48 hours. David didn't take any information from me except the fact my flight was delayed. POOR service Avoid!"
"Bad company to deal with, genuine claim unable to fly, don't want to pay out!! doctors certificate said genunie, but want to go through your whole life medical reports to find a tiny thing that may or may not of happened over 5yrs previous!! should be ashamed to trade. WILL BE CLAIMING COSTS THROUGH OMBUDSMAN. AVOID AT ALL COSTS..."
"2 reviews Published 14 minutes ago Updated 8 minutes ago Worthless insurance policy They are crooks. Before you buy an insurance get a lawyer to read the fine print. I took an insurance from that company for a trip to Cuba. My wife got sick (a life threatening condition). When I came back to claim the money I was overwhelmed by the paperwork they asked. I actually had to pay extra money to get medical certificates. The outcome was that they declined my claim because my wife had an operation 3 years ago. Although her condition in cuba according to doctor reports was unrelated to the surgery she had 3 years ago they declined to pay the huge medical bill in Cuba. They said if I I had read the fine print I should have told them about that surgery. Their insurance policy is worthless. They are a reckless company"
"I had an appointment planned with the dentist and they refused to do an annual cover for me and my family for the year, eventhough I offered to keep the dental part of the insurance... ridicolous"
"Because I have a dental appointment planned but not even booked the refused to insure me and my family for annual travel insurance... its just an appointment! Unbelievable"
"Buyer beware! The premium is very cheap and this is clearly because they do everything possible to avoid paying out for a genuine claim. We had to cancel a family holiday in early Jan as my son became very ill. His symptoms did not emerge until late Nov and we took out the insurance in early Sep. After 4 months of prevarication and failing to inform us that the the person dealing with the claim had left and it had been passed in to someone else, they reused the claim. This is clearly a disingenuous and very poor company and my advice would be to avoid like the plague. It's worth paying more for a good, honest service."
"Very Bad Customer Service Need to make a clam 10 August 2016 so call them up i got the run round i had to phone 5 times and then for them to not send out the right forms for me to fell out. they did not take in my complaint .of that had to call in many times and they did not they said over the phone i was cover and then said i need a dr. form for my dr. sing which he did and stamp then the Customer Service said i was lying over phone which i said i was not or dr. would not have it dr. sing the form for them to see then they said we need need to see dr. doctors medical reports which they got then they said because i said i was not 100 % when see my dr. on day i got home when i was going fly for my holiday they would not pay out on my claim this has taken 16 weeks i have chatted to ombudsman and they have said this is not right and that 21 December that need a answer for my claim this means this has taken 17 weeks for me get claim look at and this not right i would not recommend any one to use AXA Travel Insurance or cover wise .co.uk they will use any way not pay you and delay your claim as much as possible and put you off as much as they i have made over 15 calls to cover wise and AXA Travel Insurance to try and get what i took my Insurance out for i hope this dose not happen to any one else 17 weeks of stress is not right for any to have go trough to get there claim look at and and for AXA Travel Insurance cover wise to give you what you pay for when you don't know what is going to happen in life."
"they sent out my policy ok but when i went to claim they did not sent out all right document to me then i got email, say i did not do all of them when they did not even send all i need in first palace then i had to call back and it 4 call for them to get it right. then i had to get my DR to sing and stamp the form then i got a new email say the dr did not sing it when he did it going to be 25 days before i get my money back.if i do i would not use cover wise for any thing.because they take there time and do not send out right info for you they give you run a round when you need to clam. very very bad."
"coverwise they sent out my policy ok but when i went to claim they did not sent out all right document to me then i got email, say i did not do all of them when they did not even send all i need in first palace then i had to call back and it 4 call for them to get it right. then i had to get my DR to sing and stamp the form then i got a new email say the dr did not sing it when he did it going to be 25 days before i get my money back.if i do i would not use cover wise for any thing.because they take there time and do not send out right info for you they give you run a round when you need to clam. very very bad."
"I recently went on holiday and got insurance with coverwise, Unfortunately whilst on holiday in Spain, I had an accident and ended up with a fractured knee, I can't thank coverwise enough they reassured me throughout my stay and actually rang to see how I was, they took away stress, was extremely informative, helpful and offered reassurance and guidance. I will be using coverwise for any future trips and will recommend to anyone, I am an extremely happy customer and can't thank sian and Kerry, whom I spoke to whilst I was away and upon return when they gave me a courtesy call, I can't thank coverwise enough who made a horrible situation seem so much less stressful! Very happy customer ."
Coverwise is rated 1.26 based on 38 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!