1ST CENTRAL Reviews

69% of reviewers recommend 1ST CENTRAL

info@1stcentral.co.uk

Gemini House, Mill Green Business Estate, Mill Green Road, West Sussex.

How would you rate 1ST CENTRAL?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

1275 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Lynda Best

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about 1ST CENTRAL in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Worst service every. Policy expired in Dec 2017. decided not to renew with 1st Central. Waited for my No claims certificate to be emailed - nothing. Have now emailed 4 times requesting it ( as it says to do on their website,) nothing, have made 2 phone calls and receive the same standard reply "Oh we will get it to you within 5 working days" Guess what Nothing again. Now going to approach the Ombudsman. I am initialled to this document."
Robert Mcclean
Verified Reviewer
"Just changed my address and have had to pay 188 pound daylight robbery"
"These guys are scam artists...horrible people...awful organisation with no care for their customers. Be careful DO NOT buy or deal with them. They are in this business just to steal money from people and they think that they can get away with this. The regulators and lawyers are coming to get you so watch this space."
"They are the worst I have dealt with and I have been driving for last 25 years. Just logged in and changed my address with them, they charged me £36 and I would have expected my premium to be reduced as moving to a better area but no still the same. Changed the address for my other car insurance, the premium was reduced to half what a surprise. Called them, they are not interested just charge you as much as they can. Don't even try to cancel your policy it would cost you at least £300-£400 if not more to do so. Do NOT use them even if they are cheaper as making a claim would be a bigger nightmare."
":Terrible organisation"
"Awful people to deal with"
"Terrible organisation"
"Worst organisation I have ever had to deal with! Persistent failure to provide any useful or correct information regarding claims. On more than one occasion I was given information that totally contradicted what I had previously been told by them. When I was assured over the phone that they would make changes to my policy that I requested they did not make the changes and charged me a higher premium because the changes were not made. They may provide cheap policies but it's absolutely not worth the hours you will inevitably spend correcting their mistakes."
"WARNING DON'T TOUCH "1st Central" WITH A BARGE POLE!!! These people have shown themselves to be bumbling inept buffoons!!!!! Not Professionals. God Help you if you ever need to Claim with them. You cant even get them on the phone, much less make a claim! They are not Competent. Stay as far away from them as you can. I took out insurance with them in Jan 2017. I tried to update my vehicles cover to include Business use for my wife who had changed jobs. I could not get through to them on the phone or contact them via the web. In the end I lost all confidence in them, because if i ever did have to make a claim with them it would be a nightmare. In the end it was easier to go & get another policy and just cancelled with them. At every turn, they have made it all but impossible for me to get any refund for the 4-5 month insurance that I paid up front for. They have mislead me, & mucked me about for months. All I asked for was a refund both in writing & by phone. I complained & they upheld my complaint & apologised but they still won't give me my money back or cancel my policy. Even though I had verbally & in writing told them to cancel my policy. To add insult to injury, they sent me an email threatening to renew my policy & take funds from my credit card, A Card they previously could not refund! Shortly after the renewal notice arrived, they sent me an email saying they were proposing to refund £3.92 for the 4-5 moths insurance. I would love to pay that amount for the best part of half a years car insurance premium! I had to cancel my credit card with Nationwide because they could not, or would not, assure me they could prevent this company from taking money from my card on the pretence of a renewal. This even though, I had complained to them about this matter & still had not received a reply!!! What a carry on!!!! STAY WELL CLEAR OF 1st Central. You may want to reflect on the wisdom of having a Credit Card with Nationwide while you'r at it!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. "Simply Driven" is 1st Central's slogan. More Like" Drive you Simple" if you try to do business with them! Or maybe more apt the company should be know as, "Driven by the Simple" Happy Motoring."
"Included everything I needed cover for."
"Cheaper insurance. All organised with no fuss!"
"The service received has been brilliant. Good communication. Easy to use website. Easy to access my insurance documents. The online chat feature was very helpful out of office hours in helping me with my questions. So far brilliant. Not to forget the excellent quote that beat all of the big boy insurers out there. I hope that the renewal quote will be as good as the premium this year!😂"
Daniel Manley
Verified Reviewer
"Worst company ever. Julie from complaints is incompetent, highly rude awful human. Massively under value car in vent of claim. No answer in phone or emails. Cheapest for a reason. Avoid!!!"
"They will try take payment from your card and charge fees for everything."
"Don't touch this company really unhelpful missed a payment by one day and you get charged half the value of your payment and also to cancel your insurance will cost you £62 minimum haven't ever had this with any other insurance company administration fees are shocking so if your on a budget think carefully before using this company !!"
"Cheapest insurance"
Stephen Cameron
Verified Reviewer
"Great service from a company who are easy to contact, also one of the cheapest in the market."
"I got the best deal, will always go to 1st Central in the future saving me hours of filling details in and getting ridiculously high quotes, 5*"
"I found it so quick and easy with 1st central, got a good deal too, definately recommend 1st central"
1ST CENTRAL is rated 3.72 based on 1,275 reviews