1 and 1 Internet Reviews

25% of reviewers recommend 1 and 1 Internet

How would you rate 1 and 1 Internet?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

4 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about 1 and 1 Internet in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I had a .co.uk domain that I bought £0.99 and I ended up forgetting that I had it and didn't use it in the end. 1&1 set set up the domain for automatic renewal after 12 months and I didn't realise. After the 12 months were up I received an email telling me that my account was going to be billed in the next 7 days. Obviously they didn't email me 7 days before the domain was automatically renewed as that would have given me the chance to cancel the domain. So, I got stung for approx. £70. I call the company and tell them to cancel the domain which they say they did. Fast forward another 12 months and guess what? Another invoice for £71 for the domain that was cancelled a year earlier. Called the company got some Indian guy who tried to convince me that this was correct and I owed them the money. After using the word "fraudulent" he put me through to their cancellations department. When questioned about the domain they agreed that it had been cancelled the previous year and the invoice had been sent in error. Funny that. Needless to say I have moved all my domains away from 1&1 whose biling practices are simply unethical. It's worth noting that there are plenty of complaints on the review sites by other unsuspecting customers who were simply conned. Here's a message to 1&1. Don't trick customers into giving you money. Why not provide a fair and transparent service and win customers and their trust."
"I'm giving 2 starts due to the fact that if you are lucky and don't have any problems with the service provided, you get what you pay for it (there's a reason why 1&1 are cheaper). But once you have to deal with their customer support, you'll wish you'd chosen a different provider to start with. It can take them over a month to resolve some problems. In our case, they've blacklisted our e-mail server which is hosted with them. 3 weeks have passed, and they were unable to give us any reason for the problem, nor any solution (and we are still waiting). It's hard to change a whole operation to a different server at short notice, so I advise if you can afford to pay a little extra to avoid headaches in the future, it might well worth it."
"the time to {read|study} or {visit|go to|pay a visit to|check out|take a look at|stop by} the {content|content mtriaeal|material|subject mtriaeal} or {sites|websites|web sites|internet sites|web-sites|web pages} {we have|we've} linked to {below [...]here are some hyperlinks to web sites that we link to mainly because we think they are really worth visiting"
Aiden Wattson
Unverified Reviewer
"I have used several domain and hosting companies over the years including fasthost and webfusion, 1and1 are by far the worst, I brought a domain from them unfortunately I got a chance to use the name and was going to just let it expire. Little did I know that 1and1 set up expensive auto renewals plus they dont tell you prior to the renewal that they are going to renew the domain on you behalf. The first I heard about the renewal was a demand from a German solicitor asking for nearly a £100 for a domain I didn't want. This company must be earning millions from this shady tactic, there renewal cost are more than the original sign up cost. What a switch sell! Stay Clear."
1 and 1 Internet is rated 2.00 based on 4 reviews