1 and 1 Internet Reviews

14% of reviewers recommend 1 and 1 Internet

Tell us how 1 and 1 Internet made you happy

Telephone
"We transferred one of our domains to 1 and 1, as a test. Four months down the road, and their accounting is the worst possible joke. They constantly bill us for amounts of money that we do not owe them, and even when we forward copies of their own 'Payment Failure' notices to their support email, they reply denying that they have sent the forwarded notice (!!!???), and confirm and agree our accounting ... and a couple of weeks later, make all the same mistakes again. We do not believe that their Head of Customer Relations, one Gunter Eberling, actually works for 1 and 1, but is a freelance 'guru' who hires out his image and signature to the company (and probably others). We plan to move our hosting, and would not recommend 1 and 1 Internet. Yes, they communicate and respond ... With a load of abject rubbish !"
Are you 1 and 1 Internet? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback 1 and 1 Internet receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"My experience was awful. DO NOT TRUST THEM TO GIVE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. I am the webmaster of a website I created an account for my boss 3 years ago with my personal info but with his credit card info. I stopped my job there and after 3 years suddenly I had a call from NCO FINANCIAL COMPANY that I owe some money to 1&1. My boss passed away and his credit card has blocked no one from 1&1 called me to ask about the payment issue. They gave all my personal information to NCO Financial company and because of some dollar, they wanted to ruin my credit score. The guy in NCO financial company was really rude and he talked in a way that I am a thief. AVOID THIS COMPANY IF YOUR CREDIT SCORE AND YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ARE IMPORTANT."
"Extremely expensive. Suggest annual costs were as low as 0.99/year. Ended up with £225.50 bill. Billing and price build up unfathomable. Very very difficult to cancel. Given the runaround by supposed customer services"
"I had a .co.uk domain that I bought £0.99 and I ended up forgetting that I had it and didn't use it in the end. 1&1 set set up the domain for automatic renewal after 12 months and I didn't realise. After the 12 months were up I received an email telling me that my account was going to be billed in the next 7 days. Obviously they didn't email me 7 days before the domain was automatically renewed as that would have given me the chance to cancel the domain. So, I got stung for approx. £70. I call the company and tell them to cancel the domain which they say they did. Fast forward another 12 months and guess what? Another invoice for £71 for the domain that was cancelled a year earlier. Called the company got some Indian guy who tried to convince me that this was correct and I owed them the money. After using the word "fraudulent" he put me through to their cancellations department. When questioned about the domain they agreed that it had been cancelled the previous year and the invoice had been sent in error. Funny that. Needless to say I have moved all my domains away from 1&1 whose biling practices are simply unethical. It's worth noting that there are plenty of complaints on the review sites by other unsuspecting customers who were simply conned. Here's a message to 1&1. Don't trick customers into giving you money. Why not provide a fair and transparent service and win customers and their trust."
"I'm giving 2 starts due to the fact that if you are lucky and don't have any problems with the service provided, you get what you pay for it (there's a reason why 1&1 are cheaper). But once you have to deal with their customer support, you'll wish you'd chosen a different provider to start with. It can take them over a month to resolve some problems. In our case, they've blacklisted our e-mail server which is hosted with them. 3 weeks have passed, and they were unable to give us any reason for the problem, nor any solution (and we are still waiting). It's hard to change a whole operation to a different server at short notice, so I advise if you can afford to pay a little extra to avoid headaches in the future, it might well worth it."
"the time to {read|study} or {visit|go to|pay a visit to|check out|take a look at|stop by} the {content|content mtriaeal|material|subject mtriaeal} or {sites|websites|web sites|internet sites|web-sites|web pages} {we have|we've} linked to {below [...]here are some hyperlinks to web sites that we link to mainly because we think they are really worth visiting"
"I have used several domain and hosting companies over the years including fasthost and webfusion, 1and1 are by far the worst, I brought a domain from them unfortunately I got a chance to use the name and was going to just let it expire. Little did I know that 1and1 set up expensive auto renewals plus they dont tell you prior to the renewal that they are going to renew the domain on you behalf. The first I heard about the renewal was a demand from a German solicitor asking for nearly a £100 for a domain I didn't want. This company must be earning millions from this shady tactic, there renewal cost are more than the original sign up cost. What a switch sell! Stay Clear."
1 and 1 Internet is rated 1.57 based on 7 reviews