0800 HANDYMAN Reviews

70% of reviewers recommend 0800 HANDYMAN

About 0800 HANDYMAN: Our mission is to provide a minor repair and Handyman service as well as routine maintenance tasks.

We welcome your feedback on service received in order to maintain the highest level of service at all times.

Thanks in advance!

The 0800 Handyman Team :-)

246 Upper Richmond Road West,London

Pat
Unverified Reviewer

From the first point of contact to the minute I waived my handyman goodbye it was a excellent service ! Handyman Was professional,friendly,tidy and very thorough with his work - will recommend- also big thank you to Aly in the bookings office who despite me being very particular was patient and made sure the job was completed exactly how I wanted :)
Many thanks for your excellent review and picture! much appreciated
Verified Buyer

Disorganised booking team, late or no show handyman, customer service don't take responsibility or make amends. Rude manager. Accounts don't send receipts for payment.
We are sorry to hear of your unfortunate experience last September. We have looked back at the incident and can see we experienced a technical fault beyond our control when we changed over our text delivery provider which dropped a number of jobs that should have been sent to our handymen. We contacted all the customers this affected as soon as we knew of the issue. We offered you and others a discount for those jobs that needed rebooking but in your case you chose not to accept the offer. In regards to receipts, as a matter of course we automatically issue customers an email receipt which would have been the case for your previous job in 2015. If you did not receive one we were not informed of such at the time. Again, our apologies for the inconvenience caused and understand that we did try to remedy a difficult situation on the day.
Unverified Reviewer

Did the job very quickly, efficiently and expertly. Very happy. Have recommended him since and would use again!
Great to hear we met all your expectations and that you will use us again! ,many thanks for your review of our service.
Verified Reviewer

I like the way your Handyman delivered on all of my household tasks. Hanging pictures, fixing front letterbox, fixing lampshades and fitting low-energy bulbs. All in 1.5 hours 😄👍
Many thanks for your excellent review we will pass on your comments, glad to hear we did such a great job!
Verified Buyer

I've used 0800 Handyman for many years, and so far have been more than satisfied; the handymen have always been absolutely efficient, polite and helpful, and pleasant to have around. Just the service I need.
Many thanks for your review, its always great to hear from long-standing customers, extremely happy that you are happy with our service!
Unverified Reviewer

The booking process was easy and efficient. The handyman turned up on time, started the job quickly and completed it efficiently. The invoice arrived quickly and payment over the phone was friendly and easy.
Thanks very much for your kind review Gaynor, we really appreciate it and delighted that we met all your expectations.
Verified Buyer

The standard of work is unacceptable. I did go back to the company and showed all the poor quality of work. They are not prepared to refund for the awful work. I would not use them again ever. In fact I am looking to send all the pictures of their awful work to Fair Trading as their prices are of people charging for a good standard of work in return their clients get the very minimal standard. This is unacceptable.
Angela
Verified Reviewer

I was very pleased with the work that Wieslaw from 0800 Handyman did for me today. He put together a flatpack shelf and fixed it to the wall. He did this very carefully and got it right first time. Also, Jodie, who arranged the appointment at 0800 Handyman, was excellent in every way.
Many thanks for your review, we really appreciate your comments we will pass on your comments to those concerned as well.
Jodie
Verified Buyer

Very quick service and workman arrived when 0800 HANDYMAN said they would!
Glad that we could help Jodie and many thanks for your review
Verified Buyer

Quick response to follow up queries and quick turnaround after the initial error by 0800
Sorry to hear that there was an issue but glad to hear that we resolved the matter to your satisfaction.
Bola
Verified Buyer

Communication was generally good.

Generally efficient

I had booked the handyman to come at 13.30 due to being in the midst of an office move. The handyman instead turned up at 9.30 and due to personal issues had no flexibility to come back at the time I had wanted and would have had time to talk through the tasks. What transpired, was that tasks that in real time took 20-30 mins to complete (including travel time) ended up costing me 1.5hrs worth of time. When I expressed surprise that I was being charged that, the handyman said that was the time he spent on the job and didn't afford me the flexibility I did to him (including him taking a 10 min personal call whilst on the job) and the fact that he was done at 10.45 so really was just over an hour.

The booking process was easy but I didn't receive the service I requested.
Verified Reviewer

Fixed bathroom mixer tap and repaired shower - Thank you!
Glad to hear that we did a great job and thanks for your review.

Lack of professionalism
We are sorry to hear of your difficulties. We have been in contact with customer care who are keen to resolve this issue for you. Would you please leave your contact details so that we can investigate your case? Alternatively, please email and they will be able to deal with the issue immediately so we can deal with this directly
Verified Buyer

Prompt, courteous, and efficient.
Many thanks for such a positive review!
Verified Reviewer

Gary was amazing. He went over and beyond with my curtain rails and he installed my washing machine really well. I'll definitely be asking for him again if needed!
Great to hear that Gary did such a great job and thank-you for your review!
Annemarie
Verified Buyer

Very friendly and helpful approach everytime :-)
Thanks for a great review and your continued business!
Margarite
Verified Buyer

He was punctually, and professionally knowledgeable , and did the job with great proficiency. I would definitely use him again, it is rear to find a tradesman who ticks all the boxes, and in my view reliability is imperative, since we all live hectic lives :) :) :)
Many thanks for your review we really appreciate it!
Nicola

Polite efficient
Thanks for reviewing us Nicola !
Mark
Verified Buyer

I needed a light switch fixed. The guy came out and failed to fix it on two occasions. I got another electrician who fixed it in one visit.

I was billed by 0800handyman for both failed visits. I did not pay the second but I had already paid for the first failed visit and I did not get that money back.
Sorry to hear you had a problem Mark. Our customer care team is keen to investigate what happened in your particular case. Could you send your full name and postcode and if possible a telephone number so we can sort things out for you?
0800 HANDYMAN is rated 3.86 based on 76 reviews