0800 HANDYMAN Reviews

socialmedia@0800handyman.co.uk

246 Upper Richmond Road West,London

Atul
Verified Buyer

Once the work was done, I made the mistake to pay as promised, as the contractor did not send me my receipt, even though I requested it. Not a trustworthy contractor.
Hello Atul thanks for your review, sorry that you experienced an issue. We pride ourselves on resolving customer issues and would like the opportunity to sort this out. Can you please make contact with us via email and I will ensure you receive a callback.
Angela
Verified Reviewer

I was very pleased with the work that Wieslaw from 0800 Handyman did for me today. He put together a flatpack shelf and fixed it to the wall. He did this very carefully and got it right first time. Also, Jodie, who arranged the appointment at 0800 Handyman, was excellent in every way.
Many thanks for your review, we really appreciate your comments we will pass on your comments to those concerned as well.
Jodie
Verified Buyer

Very quick service and workman arrived when 0800 HANDYMAN said they would!
Glad that we could help Jodie and many thanks for your review
Verified Buyer

Quick response to follow up queries and quick turnaround after the initial error by 0800
Sorry to hear that there was an issue but glad to hear that we resolved the matter to your satisfaction.
Bola
Verified Buyer

Communication was generally good.

Generally efficient

I had booked the handyman to come at 13.30 due to being in the midst of an office move. The handyman instead turned up at 9.30 and due to personal issues had no flexibility to come back at the time I had wanted and would have had time to talk through the tasks. What transpired, was that tasks that in real time took 20-30 mins to complete (including travel time) ended up costing me 1.5hrs worth of time. When I expressed surprise that I was being charged that, the handyman said that was the time he spent on the job and didn't afford me the flexibility I did to him (including him taking a 10 min personal call whilst on the job) and the fact that he was done at 10.45 so really was just over an hour.

The booking process was easy but I didn't receive the service I requested.
Verified Reviewer

Fixed bathroom mixer tap and repaired shower - Thank you!
Glad to hear that we did a great job and thanks for your review.

Lack of professionalism
We are sorry to hear of your difficulties. We have been in contact with customer care who are keen to resolve this issue for you. Would you please leave your contact details so that we can investigate your case? Alternatively, please email and they will be able to deal with the issue immediately so we can deal with this directly
Verified Buyer

Prompt, courteous, and efficient.
Many thanks for such a positive review!
Verified Reviewer

Gary was amazing. He went over and beyond with my curtain rails and he installed my washing machine really well. I'll definitely be asking for him again if needed!
Great to hear that Gary did such a great job and thank-you for your review!
Annemarie
Verified Buyer

Very friendly and helpful approach everytime :-)
Thanks for a great review and your continued business!
Margarite
Verified Buyer

He was punctually, and professionally knowledgeable , and did the job with great proficiency. I would definitely use him again, it is rear to find a tradesman who ticks all the boxes, and in my view reliability is imperative, since we all live hectic lives :) :) :)
Many thanks for your review we really appreciate it!
Nicola

Polite efficient
Thanks for reviewing us Nicola !
Mark
Verified Buyer

I needed a light switch fixed. The guy came out and failed to fix it on two occasions. I got another electrician who fixed it in one visit.

I was billed by 0800handyman for both failed visits. I did not pay the second but I had already paid for the first failed visit and I did not get that money back.
Sorry to hear you had a problem Mark. Our customer care team is keen to investigate what happened in your particular case. Could you send your full name and postcode and if possible a telephone number so we can sort things out for you?
Roger
Verified Buyer

Came on time, did the repair as asked, tidied up, charged what they said they were going to charge. This is the sort of service that other companies aspire to, but eludes them as they never put themselves in the shoes of the customer.
Thanks for your positive review Roger, pleased that we exceeded your expectations, we will pass on your comments to all involved.
Sheila
Verified Buyer

I've used 0800 Handyman many times, and always found them to be prompt, expert and very helpful.
Thanks Shelia for your positive review and your continued business we really appreciate it !
Verified Buyer

My husband does not enjoy DIY and so I rely on 0800 HANDYMAN when I need to get jobs down well and efficiently.
Good questions are asked before the visit and the team have always arrived with what they need to get the job done.
Thanks for the excellent review, we are always here to take the pain out of DIY !
Louise
Verified Buyer

Intelligent approach to sorting out the repairs. Was quick and tidy and polite.
Really pleased we did a great job for you ! Thanks for your review
Nick
Verified Buyer

I lump all those niggly bits of DIY together and Handyman always seem to find someone who can get it done sharp. No hassle and reasonable rates too.
Thanks Nick we really appreciate your review !
Finola
Verified Buyer

I needed an electrician to install a new light fixture in hall but the guy sent was not a qualified electrician and could not get it to work. A qualified electrician was sent a few day later who managed to fix it quite quickly. When I order an electrician I expect an electrician with the proper qualifications to be sent. Very disappointing as I have had very good experiences with other tradesmen previously but will do my best to avoid using again.
0800 HANDYMAN is rated 3.68 based on 70 reviews