Ellie James Jewellery Reviews

49% of reviewers recommend Ellie James Jewellery

How would you rate Ellie James Jewellery ?

"DO NOT ORDER Take your money but don’t send out goods! Went to the shop to see it had closed down!!"
"SCAM!!!! Do not order!!! The 5 star reviews are fake and done by the staff members!!"
"Shocking service, ordered a Thomas Sabo anklet, nothing received and not answering emails. Escalated to PayPal"
"Stay clear! would never use again. Ordered a ring was the wrong size sent back fort exchange two months later after numerous phone calls to a number no one ever answers and emails, I contact paypal and got my money back. terrible customer service, please dont use."
"I live in York and have been coming here for a while as I get on with the staff and I’m a big Thomas sabo/trollbeads collector. I went to the shop to find it had closed down, no notice no nothing. I did some digging around the market and other shops and it turns out they shut the shop on Easter Sunday, told all the staff that day that they had lost there job, no months wage, no notice, nothing. I feel so bad for the people that work here well some as the manager I thought was very rude to her staff. I will not order online as reading your reviews looks like you haven’t even changed the phone number or address but yet are still running the business from another shop elsewhere. For anyone who hasn’t received there goods have a look online and it states that mike shotton is in charge of the shop and owns another shop called acotis so try and ring there. Total disappointment"
"Order not arrived. Emailed and been ignored. No idea where my item is and can't get hold of anyone. Ordered in time for sister in laws birthday - that was yesterday so already day late."
"I ordered a Thomas sabo bracelet for my daughters birthday on Sunday 20th May and as of Thursday 31st May I still haven’t received it ..."
"Stay clear... 4 months on and I’m still waiting for a refund. They ignore calls and emails now this week phone line is dead!!! Joke of a company"
"Ordered a necklace they took my money then told me it was out of stock I have called and emailed I did manage to get a reply I am still waiting for my refund I have emailed twice to ask when I will receive my refund back into my account as it is over 5-7 days now I have had no response as yet I don't not trust this company due to lack of response etc I will be taking further action if I don't hear something soon do not buy from this company I wish I had read the reviews first like some other people on here I may even visit the shop and demand my money back I am bloody furious"
"*** AVOID **** I would leave a zero if possible!!! Placed order Monday 7th. Website said 1-3 working days 1st class post. Week today and not received item. I emailed and said that I have not received it in 1-3 days as promised to be told it has to be ordered In and would be delayed another week!! Lady on the phone had no customer service skills. Answered the phone very unprofessionally! I received an email to say they will refund and when I replied back to ask how long it would take they had blocked me email address. Luckily my bank is on the case & I’ve emailed trading standards incase I don’t receive my refund in full"
"If I could put zero stars, I would! Disgusting service from this company. I ordered 2 pieces of jewellery for next day delivery, only one arrived. Enclosed was a note to say the other piece will be sent asap. I called the number provided but they never ever pick up the phone! I didn’t hear from them and they never did send out the other piece of jewellery. I finally had enough after 5 weeks of waiting and opened a PayPal dispute. All of a sudden they email with a disgusting, arrogant and a cocky attitude! They told me they couldn’t offer me a refund because I opened a dispute against them, therefore PayPal had my money! I told them I was not prepared to wait another 2 weeks for the resolution centre and now they’ve acknowledged their mess up, they need to refund me! They said no and made me feel like its my own fault for having the nerve to open a dispute againat them! They were literally taunting me! To add insult to injury they sent PayPal my signature from when I signed for the only item I received! PayPal didn’t stand for it and investigated further. They then emailed to demand I send the other item back in order to get a refund of the item I didn’t receive!!! Can you believe this?!! I had to ask my boyfriend for his Birthday present back in order to get a refund for the other item I never received! We couldn’t believe the audacity of it all, but at this point we didn’t want to give any of my hard earned money to them so we gladly sent the item back for a full refund. Also, the one item that did arrive which i should mention was a mens bracelet, came in a ‘free’ WOMENS charms box and not a black box it should’ve come in! Absolute joke of a company, they are theives and you should stay cleer!"
Jenny Thomas
Verified Reviewer
"I received necklace very promptly. Unfortunately it was too small a chain to go round neck. As there was no returns information or form in parcel I undertook it myself to return to the address on Invoice (31 The Shambles, York. YO1 7LX.) I paid registered 1st class post £7:50 to make sure it arrived back safely. I then received the parcel back from Royal Mail as "addressee gone away". Since then I have tried phoning, no answer, e-mailing, no return answer, this has now been going on for a couple of weeks. I presume I have been thoroughly "ripped off"."
"Ordered a charm carrier and it arrived no problem although it took a few days. Was a little worried after reading past reviews but all good. They also responded to my email quickly!"
"Awful service. Sent back a broken chain two months ago no correspondence at all, never answer phone. Avoid at all costs."
"My charm got lost in the post, rang them they answered the phone straight away and sent me another charm. Received it this morning. I love it definitely deserve five stars 👍 thank you ellie james"
"I am shocked to have found so many reviews from people in my situation, if only I had read these reviews first I would never have placed my order. I initially ordered 3 sets of guess earrings from H Samuel, but the order was cancelled because of stock issues (I had an email to say they were waiting on stock from their supplier and would notify me when I could reorder) Disappointed I searched online and found the same guess earrings on Ellie James so decided to place an order with them (in total I ordered 4 sets), it went through no problem so I was happy. I placed the order 16th Jan and its now the 16th March and I am still missing two sets of earrings. The earrings were for my friends birthdays, all different dates throughout the year so no rush needed on the order. Over the past few months I had sent quite a few emails just for updates - I had a response each time saying they were waiting on stock and would let me know when it arrives. Two sets turned up (shipped with in 2-3 weeks of each other) I was more then happy to wait a few weeks for my order as there really was no rush, the first friends birthday is the 18th March so ordering 2 months in advance I was pretty confident I would have them in time. My friends birthday is now 2 days away and I am without her earrings, I have emailed Ellie James asking for an update and explaining I needed them by Sunday and they ignored my email - I emailed again today asking to cancel the rest of my order as I now need to go out and purchase another gift for my friend and they responded saying the earrings were shipped months ago??? I have email threads off them stating multiple times they are awaiting stock but now I ask for a refund they are stating they have already shipped them? The two sets of earrings I already have had to be signed for upon delivery so surely the other earring if shipped would have had to be signed for also?? I am shocked by the customer service, considering they took my money over two months ago I feel I have been pretty patient. I am still waiting a response from my last email so I am still down money and missing goods. I feel the way this has been dealt with is appalling. Reading through comments it is clear what is happening, they are taking money off customers with out actually having the stock. They customers that aren't having any issues are purchasing "in stock" items so they are shipped no problem ... where as the customers who are without goods or are waiting months for goods are purchasing items that Ellie James don't actually have in stock. H Samuel cancelled my order straight away and did not take my money as they didn't have the stock, Ellie James took my money even though they could not fulfil my order - at no point during my purchase did it say anywhere on the site that the goods weren't actually in stock and I would have to wait months!! I wont be purchasing from this site ever again and if I could I would give zero stars - I really feel they need to work on their customer service and content of the emails - also a section needs to be added to the website letting customers know they are purchasing goods that aren't actually in stock. The earrings that have arrived are lovely but the credit goes to Guess not Ellie James jewellery, Im sure these reputable brands would not be to happy with how customers are being treated when purchasing their items through Ellie James Jewellery."
"***AVOID**** or lose your money waiting well over a MONTH for delivery messaged on social media and rang store non stop she said it was late because of the snow still waiting 2 weeks after the snow and still nothing we purchased a thomas sabo charm for a friend's birthday and now she has nothing the truth is in the address really SHAMBLES!!!!!"
"I never received the item I ordered. I never got a reply to the emails I sent. Luckily paid by PayPal but never got a reply from the messages I sent through them. I had to go through PayPal to receive a refund. This company had my money for 5 weeks with no contact after initial email. I do not understand why they have any good reviews and would not have ordered from them if I had read these first. Do not order from this company as I see I am not alone and you are likely to be disappointed. Be warned. I have had to give 1 strategy but they don’t deserve any."
Carol.Turner
Verified Reviewer
"Excellent service received yesterday from Shauna helpful polite and efficient st dealing with request over the telephone I received all my items today they’re just Perfect I Love Guess Products Shauna thank you once again for your excellent service Carol.Turner"
"Great customer service. Thumbs up to the people that work here."
Ellie James Jewellery is rated 2.97 based on 140 reviews