“I have used anyvan several times before and was happy with them. They would previously get you in touch with independent companies and once you had chosen one, you would then be given their contact details and make arrangements with them directly.
This has now changed; you do not receive quotes from companies and do not get the man’s contact details until the day of the move! So all of your communication beforehand is with anyvan only. It’s the first time I have used anyvan since this was implemented and felt there is an obvious decline in the quality of the services:
1. I rang the company to ask a question a couple of days before moving. The person on the phone was reluctant to give a clear answer, instead he said ‘this is in the T&Cs’ (which by the way are about 10 pages long).
2. I was charged £15 extra for them to give me a T-W-O rather than five hour window for the pick-up time. They reassured me that the driver would call me on the day and give me the exact time; this never happened!
3. I was given an estimated pick-up time by the company on the day. The driver arrived one hour earlier WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE, while I was still finishing packing !!
4. The first thing the driver did when he walked in was to count the boxes. There was one box, one shoecase and a medium size light plastic bin, on top of what I had declared. The driver suggested they would charge me extra for those, and that extra was 50% of what I had been charged originally! I called anyvan and they said the reason for that was that he might not have enough space on the van and it might interfere with other jobs he had later; well I later realised the van was EMPTY otherwise and he did not have any jobs scheduled before delivering my stuff.
5. The second thing the driver did when he walked in was to warn me that (in spite of the fact that he had arrived early unannounced) he had a 30 minute window for loading, and I would be charged extra if he exceeded this !!!
6. The driver forgot two large heavy boxes behind -one of which with important items inside- in the lift at the pick-up location…… He obviously didn’t care to count what he was delivering, as there was no potential of charging me extra there. I later realised they were missing and had to go back late in the evening on a Saturday to find them sitting in the lift (see photo). Needless to say how distressing the experience was.
I spoke to anyvan the next day. They agreed to arrange for another man to pick them up and deliver them, but in spite of all of the above persistently denied me a refund, not even of the extra they charged for my extra items. One of them claimed that ‘that’s not in the T&Cs’…….
At the end of all of this, anyvan very cleverly sends you a feedback form to complete on the driver’s performance rather than theirs. I would like to stress that my problem is with the company and their policies, and I believe the liability for the above is primarily with them not the driver!!!!!
I have moved over 10 times in the last decade and never encountered any of the above issues. So I believe I have a good sense for what a good service and professionalism are about. I found the service I received simply unacceptable.
My experience was of an impersonal, ridgid service and of a company trying to use every opportunity to milk money out of me. These guys made an already stressful transition ten times worse! Needless to say I will not be using them again in future and will never recommend them to a friend again (which I have been doing to date).
Book your activation call by clicking the button below. Or call us now on
0116 350 0610 .
Book a Call
Alice, Customer Support
Start Your Free Trial
Thank you! Now Check Your Email...
We've sent you a link to verify your free account. Click the 'Login Now' button in the email to complete activation and access your Reviews.io dashboard.
We've sent you an access link to your Reviews.io dashboard. To unlock all features to your chosen account, click the button below to arrange an onboarding call. Alternatively, you can call us now on
+44 116 350 0610.