Written by an un-verified reviewer | What is this?

The report arrived on time and gave insightful constructive criticism that allowed me to improve me work

Posted 1 Day ago

Written by an un-verified reviewer | What is this?

The analysis was delivered on time and provided a thoughtful and insightful constructive criticism that has allowed me to edit the script and make it better

Posted 1 Day ago

Barbara

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

The feedback on my script was well thought out and extremely helpful. It came sooner than expected and I would definitely use the service again. I would highly recommend it.

Posted 2 Days ago

David

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Thank you for the feedback, which, as pointed out when sent to me, went over and above expectations in detail and length, which was nice.
The analysis itself was thorough, considered and detailed and while happily confirming my general expectations of the standard of the script did highlight some areas I would benefit from addressing in a further draft; some of these I was aware of, but others were more of a surprise, so I have a couple of interesting aspects to explore. Overall I thought the standard was very good, practically useful and highly knowledgable, so thank you.

A couple of pointers. Firstly appreciating that the coverage is for educational purposes and may not be used for promotion, it would be useful to have a short summary that could be used for such a purpose and which the paragraph was intended for. Third party independent recommendation is a useful tool when trying to raise one's work above the herd, so something that writers could use to this purpose would be helpful. Secondly, I could not see a pass- consider-recommend annotation anywhere on the report, which I thought would be there somewhere, though maybe that is my error.

Posted 2 Days ago

Andr

Written by an un-verified reviewer | What is this?

A simple course that informs you about all the basics of writing a novel .

Posted 7 Days ago

Peter

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Analysis was excellent. We have taken all comments on board and addressed the major shortcomings. I believe it's in much better shape thanks to your extensive input.

Posted 12 Days ago

Gareth

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

This was my first full 30 minute script. I had taken around a writers group, a great number of friends and just really had good feedback. No-one had said anything particularly critical even though I kept pushing and pushing for criticism. I had a few small suggestions here and there. Then, my Industrial Scripts feedback came back pointing out inconsistencies in the characters and how well defined their roles are. This has led to me completely re-writing the script into a much clearer form that I feel will stand me in a significantly stronger in my next step. I agreed with all their points. Very insightful. VERY detailed. Never used another site as these guys are so highly recommended and I had also been on a screenwriting 1 day course run by these guys which was excellent so I would highly recommend.

Posted 14 Days ago

John

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

My feedback was excellent. I got my review in under two weeks and qualified for talent connector. I would recommend industrial scripts to all budding screenwriters.

Posted 18 Days ago

Robert

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Industrial Scripts' feedback was incisive, prompt and is going to be massively helpful when it comes to the rewrite. I'll definitely be using this service again.

Posted 25 Days ago

Matthew

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

if you're bent on knocking a person's work down, stick to the 2-3-page report he paid for. Who wants to endure an additional 3-pages of kicking

Clare

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

This is the second script I've used Industrial Scripts for. Both times I got accepted into the talent connector program.

When I submitted for talent connector the first time around, I didn't receive any enquiries, so I don't have any expectations that this time will be any different.

The first script and subsequent lots of feedback seemed more practical, and, I guess, structural? - but this new script and its feedback is more character based, which I think says more about the fact that I now have a better understanding of structure/plot etc.

All of that said, obviously I was impressed enough to use Industrial Scripts again (I used them maybe 3 times in total for that first script, which helped me reach the finalist stage for an international fellowship).
I know all of this sounds a little negative, but honestly, Industrial Scripts is the best feedback service I've ever used (I've used probably 5 or 6)?

I would use it more often if it wasn't so expensive (with the exchange rate in my part of the world).

There you go- hope that review helps anyone trying to decide whether or not to use Industrial Scripts... if you've got the cash, and you want some professional feedback to progress your script to the next stage, I say, do it!

Patrick

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Excellent service, delivered everything they promised. Detailed, constructive feedback, providing plenty of guidance and support. Very obvious that my script had been read and examined in considerable detail.

Mem

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

As always - a good standard. Most frustrating, is not being able to talk with the script consultant should you have any questions with regards to their report suggestions.

Ashley Walton

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Very happy with the feedback I have received. I am a returning customer and having only been writing for a couple of years I can tell that I am improving as a writer on each submission. It is great to get a second person's opinion to see where a script is going wrong and what could improve it. And to know these suggestions come from people who work in the industry gives it extra credence. Although you don't have to agree wih everything they say and change everything they mention, it does give another dimension for your thoughts and how someone else will see it.

Overall I am very happy with their service. Up to now I have only used the basic script coverage service but when I feel that I have improved enough I will choose the full forensic option to really get to the core of my script.

Thanks again, I will be back!

Karen

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Endings matter. I got a very good and detailed review of my script but unfortunately, it wasn't complete. I didn't receive everything I paid for and when I asked for it, I was told my script package didn't offer what I was seeking, but it's listed quite plainly in the sample package.

Details: I ordered the the basic, film script coverage and though I definitely received a more detailed report than the coverage offered, which I sincerely appreciate, I also expected to receive a review of the Text Document as well as a itemized rating, both of which are clearly stated in the example package report.

I emailed Victoria and asked her for the missing items and she responded by telling me they're not included in my package when they clearly are. I responded by suggesting IS remove those items if they don't want to provide them but in my case, IS is obligated to supply them given the fact that they're included in the sample report. I have not heard back from Victoria or anyone else at Is regarding my request which leaves an even more unpleasant and unhappy ending to my experience with IS.

Nonetheless, I did think the coverage I received was top notch, and the comments were very useful and will no doubt improve the next rewrite. I just wish I felt better about this other issue and my treatment regarding this discrepancy leaves a lot to be desired. Will I use IS again for my next script, at this moment, probably not nor will I recommend it to other screenwriters.

Bad endings are never a good way to end a film or a business relationship.

Evaldo

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

I'm very happy with my decision to purchase coverage from industrial scripts. The notes were genuinely helpful, the turn around was fast, and the customer service (through e-mail) was surprisingly streamlined. When I'm ready for another round of coverage I will definately choose industrial scripts again.

The ONLY negative thing I have to say is that their submission process lacks confirmation. It would be nice to have a confirmation e-mail that says "you've submitted everything correctly", or "you've successfully entered the talent-connection program". But it's honestly not a big deal. The coverage is what counts.

If you're on the fence about getting coverage I'd suggest industrial scripts in a heartbeat. They don't sell you on the idea of "connections", or getting you representation. All they promise is good coverage with a small possibility of qualifying for their talent connector, and that's why I chose them.

Peter

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Industrial Scripts delivered a meticulous and very helpful analysis of my screenplay, two weeks after I had submitted it. I am very satisfied that the professional quality of the script report has provided me with the necessary insight to produce a better quality re-write, although I would have welcomed more feedback about which aspects of my script worked well. Overall, I believe that the service has provided very good value for money.

Susan

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

Industrial Scripts sent me a very detailed forensic script analysis that was delivered on time with very concrete feedback and suggestions that we will definitely consider in subsequent drafts. I sincerely appreciate all the work and thought that was obviously put into the report, and also the Honorable Mention! I look forward to working with Industrial Scripts again in the future:)

Courtney

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

MORE THAN I BARGAINED FOR...I ordered the Film Script Coverage Report and was prepared to wait up to the three weeks as mentioned in the product turnaround time for my 4-5 page report. However, I received the notes within two weeks and was surprised to find 6 pages of useful comments which was more than I bargained for. The notes were extremely helpful as they pointed out the strengths and weakness of the script from the point of view of a production exec requesting coverage. The notes also contained a lot of suggestions on how the script could be made stronger. I am also pleased to report that my screenplay qualified for Talent Connector and will be endorsed to the industry very soon. What more could I ask for? Excellent service!

Posted 2 Months ago

Marta

Written by a verified reviewer | What is this?

VERY COMPLETE REPORT. VERY FAST.

Posted 2 Months ago